The Benefits of Massage Therapy
There are many studies to show that regular monthly massage therapy is beneficial to overall health. It is a drug-free, non-invasive approach that encourages the body's natural ability to heal itself.
Here are just some of the ways Massage Therapy can help as part of your health maintenance plan:
- Relieves muscular tension and pain
- Improves circulation and digestion
- Increases joint mobility and range of motion
- Improves posture
- Reduces blood pressure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces mental and physical fatigue and stress
- Improves sleep, concentration and reduces anxiety
- Improves energy and alertness
- Detoxifies the body by assisting in elimination of metabolic wastes
- Creates an overall sense of well-being
Some conditions that Registered Massage Therapists are trained to treat that you may not be aware of:
Massage therapy benefits people of all ages and while it benefits the injured, the ill and the stressed, the real strength of massage therapy lies in prevention.